Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Kitchen Tip Tuesday: Slicing Cheese

Kitchen Tip Tuesdays


A big block of cheese can be kind of challenging slice with a regular old kitchen knife.  

When I was growing up, my mom had a Cheese Slicer like this:
(Source: Amazon)


I won't lie- I used it all the time and it was pretty cool. 

So of course when I was getting ready to be married and have a kitchen all to myself, I wanted to register for one.

For whatever reason, they didn't have anything like this one pictured above at the predetermined registration store.  I ended up registering for, and receiving, something akin to this:
(Source: Amazon)


This thing ended up being more trouble than it was worth.  The wire needed constant tightening, and mine wasn't even that sharp it wasn't any easier, quicker, or more even than using a knife. I just wanted to be able to whip it out for a couple of quick slices of cheese! I didn't want to babysit the thing!

I'm sure there are way better versions out there, but I'm here to tell you that you don't need one.  

You don't even need the awesome cheese board slicer thingy that I pictured first.

All you need is the peeler that you probably already have in your kitchen for potatoes, apples, and the like. Its another kitchen gadget that does double duty for you!





                                                 

                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment